This first webinar in the GECCO Energy webinar series is tasked with providing the basics on why it is necessary to address gender in the energy sector, as well as pinpoint where good practices and knowledge gaps exist. The content of this webinar will be further expanded by succeeding learning sessions.
The webinar moderator is Andrea Athanas, IUCN GGO, and includes the following speakers and topics:
- Kristen Graf, Executive Director, Women of Wind Energy
- Women working in the energy sector: why are there so few?
- Vanessa Lopes Janik, Operations Officer, Energy Sector Management Assistance Program (ESMAP): Large-scale energy infrastructures: if they are not gender neutral, why do we hear so little about it?
- Abigail Mackey, Grants Manager, Solar Sister: Why are women playing a key role in the value chain of renewable energy technologies?
- Ana Rojas, Gender and Energy Task Manager, IUCN GGOWomen’s energy needs and contributions to the energy sector